Looking for a cool, healthy summertime meal that’s refreshing and satisfying? Try this Cobb salad with a twist. Instead of chicken, grill some salmon instead. Go ahead, break the rules! Nobody’s watching. Whether you’re eating alone or sharing with a friend, this recipe will make enough for two people to enjoy. The grilled zucchini is a nice touch too. Here’s a helpful tip. If you’re short on time, you can make this recipe even easier by buying the salmon already smoked at McGonigle’s. We even keep roasted veggie salad in the deli that you can use in place of the zucchini.
Servings: 2 people
1 (6-8 oz.) salmon filet
6 cups fresh romaine lettuce
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 hard-boiled eggs
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the grill and drizzle the salmon filet and zucchini rounds with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the zucchini (2-3 minutes) on each side until grill marks appear.
- Grill the salmon for about 5-7 minutes per side or until opaque throughout. Salmon should flake easily with a fork.
- Let salmon cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Divide the romaine equally among two bowls and then top with crumbled bacon, eggs, tomatoes and zucchini.
- Break cooled salmon into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle on salad.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing (or your favorite flavor) and enjoy.