- 6 pounds Apples, Peeled, Cored, And Cut Into 8 Slices
- 1 cup Apple Juice Or Apple Cider
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, More Or Less To Taste
- Optional Ingredients: Nutmeg, Maple Syrup, Allspice, Butter
Related Read: APPLES, APPLES, APPLES!
Start off by using early fall varieties of apples. Think, Gala or Jonathan.
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don’t fill too full; split into two portions if needed) until smooth.
Store in the fridge and serve individually , over pancakes, ice cream, or anywhere else your heart fancies!
Stop by McGonigle’s Market today to pick up the freshest in-season apples today! We are located on the corner of Ward Parkway & 79th Street.