If you’re looking to incorporate some healthier options into your meal planning, we’ve got just the thing at McGonigle’s Market: coho salmon. While king salmon is known for its healthy oils and big flavor, the coho salmon is lighter in flavor and more affordable as well. Those are two great reasons to give it a try. If you’re not sure about salmon in general, with its lighter touch on the taste buds, coho salmon is the perfect “gateway” salmon to get you addicted to this delicious and healthy new dinner option.
The Perfect Solution for Fast & Furious Dinners
Coho salmon can be prepared in numerous ways and is an excellent choice for grilling, broiling, sautéing, roasting, poaching, steaming, and smoking. However, many salmon aficionados consider coho the best salmon for grilling. With that in mind, we’re sharing a delicious recipe for grilled coho salmon. This buttery grilled coho salmon is a light and simple weeknight meal that can be put together in 20 minutes.
Grilled Coho Salmon
- 2 tbsp any seafood/fish/salmon rub
- 2 10-12 ounce fresh coho salmon (cleaned, pin-bones removed)
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Sprinkle seafood rub all over the pink flesh side of the salmon and gently massage it into the skin.
- Place the two pieces of salmon, seasoned side down, onto the grill and let it cook for 5 minutes without moving it.
- Using a large grilling spatula, flip the salmon after 5 minutes then cook for another 3-5 minutes until salmon is cooked through, but not overcooked and tough. Keep an eye on it and make sure it’s not getting overcooked.
- Serve salmon with a side salad and favorite vegetable, if desired.
McGonigle’s seafood selection is fresh and “fintastic”! Stop by the store at Ward Parkway and 79th Street for the best seafood in KC!
Psst! Wanna see how Mike McGonigle grills salmon? Check out another great salmon recipe in this grilling video.